The negotiations haven’t even started yet, with the now infamous Article 50 yet to be triggered by Theresa May’s government. Things are starting to take shape and the news will come thick and fast. Follow EurActiv’s live feed for all the latest developments and talking points.
- 23 June United Kingdom votes to leave the European Union;
- 24 June Prime Minister David Cameron announces intention to resign;
- 13 July Theresa May officially takes over at 10 Downing Street;
- 4 September UK sounds out other countries over post-Brexit trade deals at G20;
- 8 September Theresa May reportedly tells European Council President Donald Tusk that the UK will invoke Article 50 “by January or February”;
- 16 September Informal meeting of EU27 held in Bratislava, without UK;
- 20 September May tells UN that UK will ratify COP21 climate deal by end of year.