After a first plenary session and a series committee meetings in early July, key positions were distributed in the European Parliament. Find an overview of the Parliament's key new faces in our infographic.
The European Parliament’s 22 committees held their first meeting on Monday (7 July). On the agenda was the election of committee chairs and vice-chairs.
The week before, MEPs gathered for the Parliament's first plenary session in Strasbourg, and elected a president, vice-presidents and quaestors. They also appointed the leader(s) of their faction.
See the new leading figures in our roundup infographic below:
- 7-9 July: EU Parliament committees and political groups gather in Brussels
- 14-17 July: Second plenary session of the EU Parliament, election of the European Commission president.
- August 2014: European Parliament in recess
- September 2014: Individual hearings of the European Commissioners before Parliament
- 2017: End of 2.5-year mandate of the European Parliament president