Greece might need additional financial support from the eurozone beyond 2014, when the current rescue loan programmes end.
Speaking at the European Parliament on Thursday, Eurogroup's president Jeroen Dijsselbloem said it was 'realistic' to expect a third bailout for Athens before it can regain market access.
"It is clear that despite recent progress Greece's troubles will not and I will repeat will not have been completely resolved by 2014. It is realistic to assume that additional support will be needed beyond the programme. In this context the Eurogroup has indicated clearly that it is committed to providing adequate support to Greece during the current programme and beyond until it has regained market access. Providing that Greece fully complies with condition of the programme, we will only be in a position to evaluate this over the course of 2014", said Eurogroup's president Jeroen Dijsselbloem.
International lenders estimate that Greece will need around 10 billion euros more from the second half of 2014.
But when asked by MEPs when the next bailout could be decided and what extra conditions would be attached to it, Dijsselbloem said no decision will be taken before April of next year.
"We will be not be in any position to asses if the condition have been fully met until April next year. This timeline was also agreed last December. In April at the earliest we assess the progress in the programme as well as the development of the debt sustainability.The speculation at this stage is in my mind not helpful.", said Eurogroup's president Jeroen Dijsselbloem.
Greece has so far received two bailouts worth about 240 billion euros.
Date: Thu, 2013-09-05 12:48