The contribution of the Common Agricultural Policy to Europe’s quality of life
- This project is designed to generate informed debate, raise awareness and exchange best practices around the implementation and contributions of the CAP using the EURACTIV media platform and network;
- The target audience is European and national stakeholders: rural actors, industry, NGOs, specialized media, institutions, academics, researchers and their multipliers;
- The geographical scope includes Brussels and 11 other Member States: France, Germany, the UK, Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Greece, the Czech Republic, Spain, Italy and Portugal. The project in the latter three countries will be respectively implemented by media partners EFEAgro, Class Editori and Lusa;
- We focus our activities on topics which emphasize the relevance of the CAP to aspects of everyday life and are inter-related, so as to provide higher interest amongst our readers: environment, energy and climate change; European agri-food quality; the social dimension and growth; the economic dimension and investment;
- We shall deliberately feature controversial topics for debate and coverage, in the belief that these issues will attract maximum interest and should be brought to the fore as early in the implementation process as possible;
- EURACTIV combines communication tools – stakeholder workshops, video, infographics, social media – with external activities and events to create sustained editorial content;
- The information measure is deliberately both European and national in scope to maximize multi-level, cross-border and cross-lingual communication between Brussels and EU Member States. It uses the multi-lingual websites of EURACTIV to generate original, independent editorial content which can be localized, translated and re-published from one country to another;
- Content will be translated from and into 11 working languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Slovak, Romanian, Greek, Czech and Portuguese. Editorial content will be shared with our media content partners EFE and EFEAGRO, Class Editori, Lusa, La Tribune, The Guardian and Der Tagesspiegel, thereby extending outreach to the general public;
- By sharing the effect of the CAP on different policy areas and aspects of life, but also its challenges, we enable rural actors and their stakeholders to learn from each other;
- We also gather valuable feedback for policymakers on the impact of their policymaking, to provide input to the policy review and inform future policy actions.
For more information on DG AGRI, the CAP and agriculture in the EU, please visit the website http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/.
For more information on other EURACTIV communication and dissemination projects, please visit https://www.euractiv.com/communication-services/eu-projects/.