- The Road (map) to the European Parliament elections 2019: (how) the media can play a role, 2018-2019
As a recipient of the DG AGRI grant for the fifth year running, EURACTIV aims to provide information and create a debate on the CAP and its currents stakes through editorial activities at European and national level. This time the focus is on three main topics: economic, environmental and social dimensions.
- How the CAP contributes to Agricultural and Rural Regeneration, 2018-2019
As a recipient of the DG AGRI grant for the fourth year running, EURACTIV aims to provide information and create a debate on the CAP and its current stakes at EU level. We focus on the many ramification of agricultural policy and its impact on the environment, social policy, innovation.
- Spotlight on Cohesion Policy: putting Europe’s regions at the forefront, 2018-2019Implemented across 10 EU countries, this DG REGIO grant aims to change the narrative around Cohesion Policy, explaining its relevance for both poorer and more affluent regions, highlighting its impact on the quality of life of Europeans and delivering on the EC’s 10 Priorities.
- Do we take the CAP for granted? The contribution of the Common Agricultural Policy to Europe’s quality of life, 2017-2018
Using the EURACTIV media platform and its editorial services, the project focuses in particular in communicating the real contributions of the CAP to EU citizens’ quality of life and the implications of the CAP in four main policy areas: environment, energy and climate change; European agri-food quality; the social dimension and growth; the economic dimension and investment. The project is implemented in Brussels and in 11 other Member States: France, Germany, the UK, Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Greece, the Czech Republic, Spain, Italy and Portugal. The project in the latter three countries has respectively implemented by media partners EFEAgro, Class Editori and Lusa.
- Informing citizens of the role and relevance of the European Parliament in a changing Europe
The project aims to communicate the European Parliament’s involvement in topical areas and issues that affect European citizens in a changing Europe. We focus on two main topic areas: jobs, growth and investment; and security, migration and fundamental rights. The event is implemented in 8 countries involving the EURACTIV Network partners as well as other media partners.
- SSIX – Social Sentiment Indices powered by X-Scores. The SSIX project aimed at providing European SMEs with easy to interpret metrics to analyse and understand social media users attitudes for any given subject. As explained in this short video, this will help SMEs increase their revenues as well as improve their investment decision process. EURACTIV was the main dissemination partner for this Horizon 2020 project, 2015-2018.
- Connecting the EP and Europe’s young citizens through a European media network – Building bridges through debate between youth and MEPs. Using EURACTIV’s pan-European network, the project’s objective was to engage younger audiences through media treatment of topics of interest to them and show how the European Parliament has an impact on European youth. The project included 8 countries where youth faces different challenges such as unemployment or migration, 2016-2017.
- Communicating the challenges facing the CAP, 2016-2017. This project is designed to generate informed debate, raise awareness and exchange best practices around the challenges facing the CAP using the EURACTIV media platform and its editorial services, such as this infographic summarising the main facts about the CAP. The project was implemented in Brussels and in 4 key Member States among the largest CAP recipients: Germany, France, Spain and the UK. The project aims at linking the CAP with other Commission’s priorities such as job creation and growth, the Digital Agenda and modernization.
- STYLE – Strategic Transitions for Youth Labour in Europe. The aim of this research projects was to conduct a comparative EU wide analysis of policies aimed at overcoming youth unemployment, assessing the effectiveness of relevant labour market and social policies. EURACTIV was the main dissemination partner of the project, ensuring editorial coverage on its main website of youth (un)employment policies and raising visibility of the project among policy-makers and stakeholders, as explained by Natalie Sarkic-Todd, EURACTIV Senior Director, in this short video, 2014-2017.
- Communicating the new CAP: How the reformed CAP supports sustainable food supply, environmental protection, innovation and growth. The aim was communicating to rural actors and other relevant stakeholders the implications and challenges of the implementation of the reformed CAP, in particular the food supply chain, the effects on the environment, the importance of innovation in farming and rural development. The project was implemented in Brussels and France, Greece, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and the UK, 2015-2016.
- EU Community, a tool to provide decision makers with better policy options by combining social media interactions, expert contributors, document curation and visual analysis, as well as online and offline tools. 2014-2017
- Visibility of the Slovak Presidency of the Council of the European Union, by ensuring editorial coverage on euractiv.com and by organising a stakeholder workshop on one of the priorities of the Presidency, 2016.
- Visibility of the Committee of the Regions, by ensuring editorial coverage on euractiv.com and euractiv.fr and by publishing the Special Reports “Cities and regions against climate change” (in English and French) and “Investment for Regions” (in English, French, German, Spanish, Italia and Polish), 2014-2015
- European Parliament’s information campaign on the European Elections 2014 (subcontractor for media strategy and support services). Including in-depth, independent media coverage on 11 websites, analysis and recommendations for the EP’s communication tools and media strategy, video debates between MEPs and stakeholders, national and regional media seminars, media partnerships, multi-media series on the frontiers of the EU.