Protecting your health, eating good products and avoiding courgettes in winter… In street interviews at the Aligre market in Paris’ 12th arrondissement, Parisians showed their considerable concern for the food they eat.
Organic products in France
– The amount of products of organic origin consumed increased by 17% in 2017;
– 59% of French people regularly eat organic fruit and vegetables;
– 54,000 farmers are involved in organic farming in France, compared with only 6.5% of the agricultural land;
– 60% of organic fruit sold in France was not produced in France but instead imported;
– The Occitanie region in southern France has 8,184 organic farms on its own.
Source: Agence bio.
This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein