Vojvodina’s health secretary Zoran Gojkovic said on Monday (20 April) that reporters’ questions were not the reason why journalists had been banned from attending news conferences on the COVID-19 pandemic in Serbia, as their safety was the government’s prime concern.
Reporters can attend the conferences as of Tuesday (21 April), he added.
Responding to questions sent by email, Gojkovic told the news conference held at the Serbia Palace in Belgrade with no reporters present, that “everyone knows there were a lot of coronavirus patients among journalists”.
“There is a decline in the number of infections, which is why, as of 21 April, all media outlets may attend all events in open spaces, with mandatory social distancing and necessary protections in place,” Gojkovic said, adding that for indoor meetings, reporters will be able to attend on an alternating basis — switching every other day between TV networks and wire services, and print and online media. (EURACTIV.rs betabriefing.com)