EU leaders met in Brussels on Thursday (15 December) for a one-day summit focussing on migration and security.
The Council agenda included discussions on:
- The implementation of the EU-Turkey Statement
- Reform of the Common European Asylum System and how to apply the principles of responsibility and solidarity in the future
- The EU’s Global Strategy in the area of security and defence
- The European Defence Action Plan
- Progress on the economy, social development and youth
- External relations