The food stakeholders have identified the sector’s future research challenges, one of which is to make the healthy choice the easy choice for consumers with products combining health and pleasure.
The Food for Life stakeholders have published their interim Strategic Research Agenda for the coming 15 years. A specific focus in the strategy has been given to contributing to the initial phase of the EU’s 7FP (2007-2013).
The stakeholders have identified seven research challenges, or drivers for innovation, to be addressed in order to reach the platform’s objectives:
- making the healthy choice easy for consumers (products combining demands for health and pleasure)
- delivering a healthy diet,
- developing value-added food products (e.g. superior quality, quick to prepare, cheap)
- assuring safe foods that consumers can trust,
- achieving sustainable food production,
- managing the food chain,
- communication and consumer interaction.