2017 has been a full year for the EU, and for EURACTIV. Shortly after our announcement of the EURACTIV rebranding, we rolled out eight Policy Hubs: Politics, Global Europe, Economy & Jobs, Agriculture & Food, Health, Energy & Environment, Digital and Transport.
Here are the most read articles in each Policy Hub:
Economy & Jobs
Agriculture & Food
Energy & Environment
TWO EURACTIV FLAGSHIP NEWSLETTER FORMATS …
We also continued to grow the reach and impact of The Brief, EURACTIV’s straight-talking, bite-sized and fun wrap-up of the day’s news, emailed to you at the end of each afternoon.
And in February we launched Trans-Europe Express, our weekly newsletter with an insider’s view of the most important coverage from across the EURACTIV Media Network, our media partners and more, sent on Friday at lunchtime.
… and THREE NEW EURACTIV VIDEO FORMATS
In 2017, we also launched these innovative video formats:
- Tweets of the Week, a weekly roundup of EU tweets from the Brussels bubble twitterati, packaged in a video of maximum 140 seconds;
- The Presidency Debates, a series of videos reports with a focus on key issues on the agenda of the Maltese and Estonian presidencies of the Council of the EU; and
- Over a coffee & Over a beer, our own in-depth video interview series with MEPs and other EU policy personalities.
Best of video in 2017
1. Juncker: “The European Parliament is ridiculous.”
2. Juncker’s full 2017 State of the Union speech
3. Danuta Hübner: No more ‘lies’ in Brexit negotiations
4. Tweets of the Week ep 3: Eurovision, Macron’s cabinet, and LGBTI rights
5. Tweets of the Week ep. 23: Puigdemont, Indictment and Halloween
We hope you enjoyed our coverage in 2017 and trust that you will keep on relying on EURACTIV for your EU policy and politics in 2018.
The EURACTIV team will be on holiday from 23 December to 2 January. In the meantime, we wish you a great winter break and send our best wishes for a happy 2018!