Some of Croatia’s pandemic restrictions, including the opening of restaurants’ indoor sections, could be eased before 1 June, Interior Minister Davor Božinović said on Monday.
The limit on attendance at events will be raised from 25 to 100 and the area required per person will be four square metres instead of the current seven, Božinović said after the crisis management team held a meeting with Prime Minister Andrej Plenković.
The team will continue evaluating the developments and a new set of relaxations can be expected after mid-June.
“We will provide support measures for those whose activities continue to be limited,” said Plenković from Brussels, where he was participating in the EU summit.
The prime minister also said the government had so far set aside €10.5 billion to preserve jobs, adding that bilateral talks were being held with many countries about how to make it possible for visitors to arrive in Croatia until EU digital vaccination certificates are introduced, which is scheduled for 1 July.
The prime minister also said that tourists would be able to come to Croatia before 1 July, but would have to either present a vaccination certificate, a negative test result or a certificate stating recovery from COVID-19. (Željko Trkanjec | EURACTIV.hr)