betabriefing.com and EURACTIV.rs 13-12-2021 “In a few months” Serbia will no longer be the easy target it once was, President Aleksandar Vučić said on Saturday. [EPA-EFE / ANDREJ CUKIC] Euractiv is part of the Trust Project >>> Print Email Facebook X LinkedIn WhatsApp Telegram “In a few months” Serbia will no longer be the easy target it once was, President Aleksandar Vučić said on Saturday, adding that “considerable” purchases of armaments for the Serbian Army have been made. After a meeting with military commanders in Niš, in central Serbia, the president said that the security situation was getting complicated globally and regionally and that it “is clear” that Serbia would need to enhance its defence capabilities. “A plan for armaments and staffing between 2022 and 2027 was presented at the meeting. The top brass suggested enormous investments, and it is clear that at least €500 million will have to be added to the annual military budget. They requested €700 million more than this or last year,” the president said. The Army of Serbia “is much stronger” than before, Vučić also said, adding that the military “doesn’t reveal everything it possesses.” The president also said that the army needed another 5,000 more soldiers every year. (EURACTIV.rs | betabriefing.com) Subscribe now to our newsletter EU Elections Decoded Email Address * Politics Newsletters