By concentrating its efforts and consulting the public on simplification of the FP7, the Commission wants to ensure that the next Framework Programme is accessible to all: big, small, private and public entities.
Simplifying the administrative and financial rules and procedures of the 7th Framework Programme for Research and Development (FP7) is seen as the key to its success. The Commission promises namely:
- to simplify the funding schemes;
- a simplified cost-based funding system;
- simpler, less bureaucratic, user-friendly language;
- fewer and shorter documents;
- fewer a priori checking procedures and requests to participants (light submission procedure);
- more autonomy to consortia.
Rationalisation of all procedures, more and better communication and a new balance between risks and checks is seen as the way to provide greater trust between the Commission and the scientific community and to increase risk-taking.