The New Defence Agenda was set up by Forum Europe in Brussels on 17 May to serve as a platform for discussing NATO and EU defence and security policies.
The new discussion platform will seek to answer the questions
of how the EU and NATO policies can complement one another. It will
bring together political leaders, officials, industry executives
and policy analysts to discuss European defence and security issues
on a regular basis.
Five Working Groups will meet four times a year
to discuss the following issues:
- European force projection and capabilities;
- Europe’s security aims and its global defence role;
- Conflict prevention and anti-terrorism policies;
- The transatlantic relationship (military, political and
- Defence-led research and development and industrial innovation